Well I said I was going to start over today...and I meant it. I didnt take a picture today...however I did edit one. or 300....LOL! Not really 300 but you know what I mean. My husband...(the photoshop enthusiast)got us CS5 a few weeks ago...I was so intimidated by photoshop that I was scared to even open the darn thing. I have had CS4 on my computer for I couldnt tell you how long...just sitting there because of my fear of using it and being a little scared to let my hubby which is also my business partner know that I couldnt figure it out. However, I was to the point that I didnt want to really shoot anymore because I HATED with a capital H HATED editing...when I would see the picture I would know exactly what I wanted it to look like. But getting it there....yeah that was certainly a journey within itself. I have several programs that I use to edit...each of them doing something different. But NONE of them doing it all as in a complete package. So getting it from point A to point J was a hassle with every single picture....I could vignette in one but couldn't soften the border of it. I could black and white or sepia in another but couldn't vignette....not to mention I couldn't change the colors of the vignette to be whatever I wanted it to be....if you couldn't tell by the time I got to the finished product to watermark it I had looked at it so long that I didn't like it anymore. So taking the pictures was great during the first part of the session and then I would remember that I would have to edit them....I wasn't happy. Well last night my hubby and I had a talk and he started just lightly showing me some stuff that he was doing and I was like well why don't you try this and we were figuring things out together... I think he already knew he was just trying to make me feel better about it ;) but we will go with that...LOL! The more I watched him do it....the more I liked it....The more I started playing with it today....It can go from point A to FINISHED>>>>>Labeled disk and all in this ONE fantabulous program!!!!! I am suddenly addicted and in love!!!! I am so kicking myself for not listening to him and using it long before now.....I finished a sitting and got well into another one today....I am so excited to see what tomorrow holds....this blog may very well turn into my love of photoshop and I!!! JK...I love my nikon and hope that I let go of photoshop long enough tomorrow to pick it up.....anyways...I have pried myself away for the night...so I am going to go to bed so that I can get up and play in photoshop again tomorrow....I can already hear it calling my name.....if I dont walk away RIGHT now....I am going to open it back up........NIGHT>...gotta go~
Have you tried out any actions yet in the photoshop? I have a few of my favorite that I can send you if you would like! Just let me know!
ReplyDeleteUM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...I havent quite gotten that far.....send em on sista....... I am raring to go to learn something new....LOL
ReplyDeletejust wait until i come and stay with yall for a week!! im gonna teach u everything i know! oh, and actions are AWESOME! they are absolutely worth having <3
ReplyDelete