
I PICKED UP THE NIKON TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it turned out to be a day I dont think I will ever forget. I watched a little boy's face light up and a very proud dad choke back a tear or 2 as the Judge signed the paperwork for them to be legally father and son. Now dont get me wrong....Mike has been Jayden's day for 3 years. Every since he and Carrie got together...he has been his dad in every sense of the word. Basically all today was, was giving them the same last name. I asked Jayden when I first got to the courthouse today who was it that was going to be a Holliday today...and he got the cutest grin on his face and looked at Mike and pointed to himself and very proudly said ME! I wanted to cry..I watched him as the Judge was going thru all the formalities and he was sooo cute....he was watching his Daddy like a hawk, and every time that Mike would put his hands in a different position or lean on the table Jayden would do it to exactly the same. If Mike laced his fingers Jayden would, if he put his hands in his lap and sat back...there went Jayden doing the same thing. He wanted to be just like his daddy!!!!! ..So after all was said and done....Jayden was walking out of the courthouse with me and I said are you happy that you are a Holliday and he said YEP TODAY IS MY LUCKY DAY! Mike looked at him and said NO Buddy, TODAY IS MY LUCKY DAY! and Jayden just grinned from ear to ear and they were playful for a few moments about who was the lucky one....Well in my opinion they are all very lucky to blessed with each other. But today I think I was lucky also.....because I got to capture that memory for them forever. I'll never forget the look on Mike's face when he looked at Jayden as the Judge asked him if understood that it would be FOREVER. Mike said yes sir....and honestly I don't think he would have it any other way! If I was never glad before that I picked up the camera.....I was extremely glad today....Congratulations Jayden Devon Holliday! You are one lucky little boy who is loved so much by your mommy and daddy! You and
OMG!!! Very touching! I actually have tears! I am thinking back to the day we adopted Terry! Wow!
ReplyDeleteawww thats so sweet! I am so happy for them and I am so happy u got to experience it with them!
ReplyDelete