Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 1 Continued

So since I named this my life through photographs, I guess I should start out with something that is important to me....the love of this bike. I remember when shane started looking at and talking about the Honda....I was scared to death. I will never forget the day we decided to get it...the guy kept saying you gotta be careful with this bike....it will get out from under you quick.. I was scared to death and Shane kept making jokes about it....telling the guy to be quiet or I would change my mind. LOL! He came home with it and he loved it...I went for my first ride. SOLD!!! I was in love with riding.....mind you I DID NOT say that i loved "driving" a bike. I do not mind being mercilessly teased about riding behind Shane. That is my seat and I LOVE IT! I do not ride a 2 wheeled bicycle.. my has 3 wheels and a basket and i don't mind being teased about that either because it is mine and I love it. However my poor husband was completely devastated when just a few weeks before nationals his Honda broke down. We weren't sure what all was wrong with it but we knew whatever it was it wasn't good. So we started thinking about alternatives. One of the guys in the group had one that he was getting rid of and Shane was in love with it....so we started crunching numbers and figuring out what we could do and made a deal with him. My lovely husband was in Heaven.....and so was I....we love this bike...don't get me wrong the Honda was our first love and is still in the garage never to be gotten rid of.....but we are so much more comfortable on this bike. We have vehicles in our driveway but if we can get away with it they will sit there because we would rather ride the bike....This bike has forged a new level in our relationship and for that I will be forever grateful!!!! We love you Yamaha V-Star Classic 1100....

4 comments:

  1. Lovely picture, lovely bike, lovely wife, enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all see....the wife comes in last....LOL! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome picture! cant wait to see what picture tomorrow brings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice! Of course am not gonna show my hubby cause then he'll want one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete